Ecommerce and Small Business
Business to Business Ecommerce
Launching Business Ecommerce
Ecommerce Business Plan
Building An Ecommerce Website
Ecommerce Website Planning
Ecommerce Website Tips
Ecommerce Fulfillment Services
Ecommerce Product Choice
Ecommerce Website Criteria
Custom Ecommerce Software
Hosted Ecommerce Application
Ecommerce Application Development
Ecommerce Shopping Cart
Ecommerce Credit Card Processing
Ecommerce Merchant Account
Choosing Ecommerce Hosting
Ecommerce Hosting Facts
Affordable Ecommerce Hosting
Ecommerce Hosting Pitfalls
Professional Ecommerce Hosting
Becoming An Ecommerce Host
Ecommerce Hosting Plan
Getting An Ecommerce Degree
CHOOSE NEEDS-BASED ECOMMERCE HOSTING
A good first question that you need to answer before you look for ecommerce hosting is not which web-hosting service you should use, but what do you need from it? Take the time to make a list of the services that you require, just as you would do a shopping list before you go to the market. This will help you stay focused and keep your priorities foremost in your mind. There are so many ecommerce hosting ecommerce providers out there offering so many options that you don’t want to be paying money for a technology that you’ll never use.
Make Your List Now
Here’s some typical needs a company’s ecommerce program might specify as culled from many possibilities. The top most criteria would be:
• Functionality – what you want it to do for you? • Traffic – how much do you realistically expect?
• Cost – how much is your budget vis-à-vis what are the minimum hosting features you can expect?
• Technical support – you will definitely need this to be available 24/7 with no exception
• Upgradability – are the upgradability parameters of the webhost customer-friendly or is it complicated?
• Uptime – this is one of the most crucial points since the visibility of your site depends upon the uptime of the web host’s ecommerce server.
• Type of data backup they use – in case of any type of crash effective data backup will help you retrieve all important information relevant to your site
• Guarantee – do they offer a reasonable fail-safe guarantee policy?
Cost and Information
The costs for ecommerce hosting services can vary widely. You can find web hosts services who offer it for as little as $20, and as much as $2000 per month. The cost will very much depend upon the type of ecommerce hosting you require, the minimum technical services you are expecting, and the time you are booking it for. There are web hosts who will market for you, advertise for you and also answer your emails for you. Of course, all these services will be at additional cost. Beyond that, there are web hosts who will also take up the task of designing and testing your site for you.
Deciding on which ecommerce hosting you should use is a very crucial task directly related to the success of your online venture. Before you close the deal, be sure that you have gathered enough information about what you really need and how much the average price is in the web hosting market. Do not shy away from using the opinions of your fellow online merchants, experienced friends, or experts as guidance. Internet marketers know its better be safe than sorry.