Ecommerce and Small Business
Business to Business Ecommerce
Launching Business Ecommerce
Ecommerce Business Plan
Building An Ecommerce Website
Ecommerce Website Planning
Ecommerce Website Tips
Ecommerce Fulfillment Services
Ecommerce Product Choice
Ecommerce Website Criteria
Custom Ecommerce Software
Hosted Ecommerce Application
Ecommerce Application Development
Ecommerce Shopping Cart
Ecommerce Credit Card Processing
Ecommerce Merchant Account
Choosing Ecommerce Hosting
Ecommerce Hosting Facts
Affordable Ecommerce Hosting
Ecommerce Hosting Pitfalls
Professional Ecommerce Hosting
Becoming An Ecommerce Host
Ecommerce Hosting Plan
Getting An Ecommerce Degree
KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT YOUR ECOMMERCE WEB HOSTING PROVIDER
The ecommerce web hosting provider has the power to make or break an online business venture. If you’re contemplating becoming an Internet merchant, then learn the critical information first; not do so could lead to an expensive and time-consuming debacle. Avoid frustration and grief by reviewing all these well-known and some not so well-known facts; even a reminder of the basics can be helpful. First of all, an Ecommerce web hosting provider is a service that allows one to publish web pages or web sites on the internet relevant to online sales. So first and foremost, you should evaluate an ecommerce provider in light of their ability to meet your service needs before finally choosing one.
There are thousands of Ecommerce Hosting Providers getting online yearly-so with so many choices, what do you as an online merchant do? This is a rapidly shifting, quickly evolving technology, and believe me, you’ll be dependent upon your hosting company to not only host your ecommerce website but also as a source of late-breaking technological information and guidance. So choose a “technology provider” as well as a hosting company! Here are a few points to consider when looking for an ecommerce web hosting provider:
• Choose a provider with at least 99.5% or greater uptime and a guarantee to stand behind it. Since it is your business “on the line,” it is crucial that your ecommerce web site stays active 24/7, 7 days a week.
• The level of connectivity is another important factor to consider. Fast servers with robust server data backup is your first choice. The ecommerce web hosting provider should have a T3 connection to a major internet backbone. Check how often your internet provider backs up your data – i.e. daily or weekly. To ensure data security the internet provider must have a UPS power backup system and should back up data to an external device in order to prevent data loss due to equipment or powerline failure.
• Your web site provider must meet your disk space and bandwidth requirements. Most ecommerce web hosting providers offer between 1GB to as high as 30GB of disk space, which is usually enough in the beginning, but determine if needed, more space can be purchased in the future. However, with regard to bandwidth, you should get as much as possible, as you may have heavy online sales traffic in the future and require more data transfer.
• Most good web providers offer a control panel to access and manage web site features as an ecommerce solution. Make sure that your web site provider offers this service. Through the control panel you will be able to access, email, database, your ecommerce statistics, and other functions for effective website management.
• Good customer support is essential as well; ensure that you can reach someone 24/7, 7 days a week. If anything goes wrong on your site your business as an Internet merchant could be on hold until it’s fixed by your ecommerce web hosting provider. Greater promptness of customer service will save you time and money. Your provider’s service shouldn’t be a limit on your efficiency with your ecommerce store in the end. Most providers just having an FAQ won’t ensure that you can reach an actual person when in an emergency.
Internet shopping has brought customers many joys over the years by offering endless information, services and opportunities, the ecommerce web hosting provider plays a key role in that.